Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Talents

Today I am grateful for the gift of talents.

I am grateful not just for my talents, but for the talents of other people as well. Talents prove that we have a loving Heavenly Father who gives us unique gifts. How kind is Father to give us things that make each of us special! It really shows how much He loves us and how precious we are to Him.  If we were all good at the same thing the world would get no where! Thank goodness we have a world full of varied talents. Talents aren't just being good at painting, or even being a really great banjo player. Talents come in all shapes and sizes! We are each His children and He loves us so much that He gave us these things.

The most amazing part about talents is that they are never for us. They are ALWAYS for someone else. Even if we are given a particular set of skills that help us get through a difficult time, it is only so we can turn around and use it to help someone else. Never in my life had I realized that my talents were never for me. That is why we are encouraged to share our talents and not hide them under a bushel! It is really up to us to develop and use the God given talents. When we use these precious gifts we are able to be an instrument in uplifting His children.
Alma 29:9 says,
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."


How truly our joy will be when we share the talents that God has given us specifically. What a loving Heavenly Father. What a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment