Saturday, December 28, 2013

Faith: A Fundamental

Faith is the glue that holds life together.We have to faith that all of our studying will be helpful as we take the test. We have to have faith that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. We have to have faith that we have a loving Heavenly Father. We have to have faith that Jesus Christ paved the way and stands at the gate to lead us back to our Father.
Faith is the first principle of the Gospel for a reason. Without faith we would just be sunk, but with enough faith miracles happen. Every wonderful attribute about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has been revealed to increase our faith in them. What starts out as a little bit of faith can grow into a big, strong, and powerful faith that can lead to powerful things. Just like a tiny seed grows into a tree. BUT it takes time and a lot of work to make a full grown tree. You can't just plant a seed, leave it there, and come back the next day expecting it to be this gigantic tree. It just doesn't work that way. We have to ACT.

Faith is an action word. It motivates us to do. It inspires us to be! When we have faith we trust AND follow. We follow the example of Jesus Christ and try our very best to become more like Him. Our faith in Christ can lead to physical and spiritual healing. Faith is a principle of action and power, but it has to be based upon correct knowledge.
1 Nephi 7:12 says,
"Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."
Two people can do anything as long as one of them is the Lord.

I am so grateful for my faith and I know that it is vital to my life. Faith keeps me going when times get rough, and keeps me thankful when times are wonderful. There is nothing in life that doesn't require faith. Sometimes I have had to learn that the hard way! I am grateful for my Savior and my Heavenly Father and the faith that I have in them.

Visit mormon.org to see how people increase, and use, their faith every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment